Product Operations Manager, Next Generation Self-Driving Systems
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Operations keeps Waymo’s business rolling. We are the vehicle operators, service technicians and customer support specialists who test and maintain our self-driving vehicles and bring help and guidance to our passengers and customers. The Operations team is the heart of Waymo’s testing operations and ride hailing service, handling every detail to make sure that each ride is the ultimate user experience.
In this Product Operations Manager role, you'll:
- Work with Product Managers and Engineers to define and prioritize new product features and operations initiatives to improve processes and performance
- Strategize and plan for the upcoming missions and required tasks for the Waymo next platform generation go-to-market and test drive plans
- Enable tools, systems and processes to manage rollout and ramp up of new platform including software configurations and associated hardware to multiple locations
- Proactively collaborate, build operational strategies and establish operational cadences to identify program needs and bottlenecks with right level of communications to leadership
- Perform implementation reviews, advocate new product features, and ensure the prompt and proper resolution of technical challenges
- Improve product feature offerings by operational feedback to internal cross-functional teams including Product Management and Engineering, requiring travel on need basis - can be up to 20% or more
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical subject, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in data set analysis, identifying patterns, gaps and right instrumentation to solve business problems
- Experience in Google technologies such as creating compelling storyline, visualizations with presentations, underlying charts, and effective documentation
- Experience in Product Management, Product Commercialization, Technical Program Management, or Sales Strategy and Operations
It's preferred if you have:
- 5 years of hands-on experience in Internet products and technologies, MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience identifying business and operational needs, defining, and enabling technical solutions to address business requirements in a startup environment
- Solid experience planning for and managing several large-scale, complex projects and coordinating cross functional project members to deliver quality results within the project deadlines; excellent relationship building, collaboration, consultation and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to pull data from various sources and provide insights on that data
- A team player with a positive attitude; excellent written and oral business communication and people skills
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.