Co-op, Vehicle Supply Chain
Mountain View, California, United States
Novi, Michigan, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's supply chain and manufacturing teams are making the cars of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
Waymo Co-ops work alongside leaders in the industry on projects that deliver significant impact to the company. We believe learning is a two-way street: leveraging your knowledge while providing you with opportunities to expand your skill-set. Co-ops are an important part of our culture and our recruiting pipeline. Join us at Waymo for a fun and rewarding Co-op!
In this Co-op, you’ll:
- Support the implementation of manufacturing procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to product design and quality standards.
- Work with Global Supply Managers to assess supplier readiness to support build events and production ramp. Provide ad hoc analyses to support commercial negotiations, identify potential execution issues, and provide recommendations to mitigate risk.
- Work with Waymo Engineering to influence product manufacturability, serviceability and supply chain flexibility.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Full-time student pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient at working in a team environment
It’s preferred if you have:
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Interest in being hands-on
- Self-motivation and ability to work in environments where procedures and processes may not be clearly defined
- Help solve challenging problems with a direct impact on the company
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.