Salesforce Application Engineer
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The Business Systems team defines and builds the business IT architecture that supports the commercial operation of Waymo's autonomous vehicle fleet. The team stands at the intersection of finance, operations and IT; through creative architecture, expertise and attention to detail, it ensures that Waymo has world-class capabilities across all its business processes.
In this Applications Engineer role, you'll:
- Partner with stakeholders to deliver solutions to enable business success; Work with a team of on-shore and off-shore resources to build technical solutions for various internal teams at Waymo. You'll own the technical scope and design as well as the configuration and development of business solutions in the Salesforce ecosystem
- Develop, test, and deploy custom capabilities within Salesforce instances, using Apex and Lightning technologies
- Drive technical design sessions and develop technical solution documentation aligned with business objectives
- Develop custom solutions and interfaces using the Lightning and LWC Frameworks
- Author design documents, present design reviews, and ensure code is written and tested using defined coding/testing standards/frameworks
- Remain current with Salesforce technologies, certifications, and best practices. Communicate effectively with a globally distributed team including third party consulting resources
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Proven record of achievement - working through business and technical issues to deliver high quality solutions that move the business forward
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of experience in the configuration and custom development for Salesforce product areas. 2+ Years of experience with other CRM solutions (e.g. Seibel, Oracle, SAP)
- Experience building web applications and integrations using Salesforce. Configuration experience using Salesforce's point-and-click application administration interface
- Development experience using Apex classes, Triggers, Batch Apex, and the Lightning Web Component Framework. Experience performing automated testing and writing unit tests
- Ability to effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders across all levels, demonstrating excellent organizational skills and a data-driven approach
It’s preferred if you have:
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer (PD1) certified
- Experience using Salesforce Connect and other tools to integrate Salesforce with other systems in the Waymo business application ecosystem
- Experience working with Salesforce DX as well as source control tools such as Git, continuous integration, and software delivery methodologies
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.