Operations Technology Manager, Rider Experience
Chandler, Arizona, United States
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Operations keeps Waymo’s business rolling. We are the vehicle operators, service technicians and customer support specialists who test and maintain our self-driving vehicles and bring help and guidance to our passengers and customers. The Operations team is the heart of Waymo’s testing operations and ride hailing service, handling every detail to make sure that each ride is the ultimate user experience.
In this Product Operations Manager role, you'll:
- Work with Product Managers and Engineers to define and prioritize new product features and tools requests required to improve processes and performance for Rider Experience vertical
- Strategize and plan for the upcoming missions and required tasks for the Waymo go-to-market and test drive plans
- Proactively collaborate and build systems to reinforce safety and optimization through various missions lifecycle, including machine learning optimization, removing inefficiencies
- Perform implementation reviews, workflow / policies review, advocate new product features, and ensure the prompt and proper resolution of technical challenges
- Improve product feature offerings by operational feedback to internal cross-functional teams including Product Management and Engineering, requiring travel on need basis - can be up to 20% or more
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical subject, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in one or more programming languages, such as Java, C++, Python.
- Experience in Product Management, Product Commercialization, Technical Program Management, Tools Strategy and Operations
It's preferred if you have:
- 5 years of hands-on experience in Internet products and technologies, MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience identifying business needs, defining, and building technical solutions to address business requirements in a startup environment
- Solid experience planning for and managing several large-scale, complex technical projects and coordinating cross functional project members to deliver quality results within the project deadlines; excellent relationship building, collaboration, consultation and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to pull data from various sources and provide insights on that data
- A team player with a positive attitude; excellent written and oral business communication and people skills
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.