Chandler, Arizona, United States
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Operations keeps Waymo’s business rolling. We are the vehicle operators, service technicians and customer support specialists who test and maintain our self-driving vehicles and bring help and guidance to our passengers and customers. The Operations team is the heart of Waymo’s testing operations and ride hailing service, handling every detail to make sure that each ride is the ultimate user experience.
The Waymo Operations Technology Manager within the larger Product Operations team is the interface between Product/Engineering and Operations to ensure the smooth operation of business and our ever growing customer facing services across ride sharing, delivery and trucking. As a Product Operations Technology Manager, you will partner with Product Managers, Engineers and the Operations team to envision, build and execute on a world-class operations platform that enables Waymo operations team to run business safely, efficiently and at scale. You would be thinking everyday about design, scaling, automation and intuitiveness of innovative platforms and systems that would power various businesses built on self-driving technology. It is a critical and massive responsibility that requires considerable thinking, efforts and experience to build something that results in unparalleled end user experience and safe operations of our self-driving cars, thus improving Waymo’s ability to rapidly grow and expand the business.
In this role, you'll:
- Work with Product Managers, Engineers and Operations team to envision, articulate and structure the needs of operations platform technology to enable business built on Waymo self-driving technology
- Work with Product Managers and Engineers to define and prioritize product features and tools needs to run business at scale and with safety
- Strategize and plan for the upcoming missions and required tasks for Waymo go-to-market plans
- Proactively collaborate and build systems to reinforce safety and optimization through various missions lifecycle, including machine learning optimization, removing inefficiencies
- Perform implementation reviews, workflow / policies review, advocate new product features, and ensure the prompt and proper resolution of technical challenges
- Improve product feature offerings by operational feedback to internal cross-functional teams including Product Management and Engineering
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical subject, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience building platform, systems and tools that enable business or operations
- Experience in Product Management, Product Commercialization, Technical Program Management, Tools Strategy and Operations
It's preferred if you have:
- 7 years of hands-on experience in Internet products and technologies, MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience identifying business needs, defining, and building technical solutions to address business requirements in a startup environment
- Solid experience planning for and managing several large-scale, complex technical projects and coordinating cross functional project members to deliver quality results within the project deadlines; excellent relationship building, collaboration, consultation and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to pull data from various sources and provide insights on that data
- A team player with a positive attitude; excellent written and oral business communication and people skills
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.