Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Operations keeps Waymo’s business rolling. We are the vehicle operators, service technicians and customer support specialists who test and maintain our self-driving vehicles and bring help and guidance to our passengers and customers. The Operations team is the heart of Waymo’s testing operations and ride hailing service, handling every detail to make sure that each ride is the ultimate user experience.
In this role, you'll:
- Answer calls and communicate effectively with mobile operatives in the field
- Communicate and work cross-functionally with various teams to maintain fleet
- Provide detailed and relevant technical feedback
- Support a group of drivers to meet team and program goals
- Respond to and handle emergency situations with composure
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 1 year of management, mentoring and/or instructor experience (resource planning, allocation, optimization, reporting, etc.)
- Ability to adhere to a schedule of operating times for the assigned shift including, but not limited to, working on holidays and shift rotations
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time or more as needed
It's preferred if you have:
- 1 year of experience dispatching or coordinating logistics
- Ability to remain flexible with the changing needs of the business
- Strong interpersonal and multitasking skills
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.