Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this Product Manager role you'll:
- Collaborate closely with engineering, data scientists, and product managers to build a roadmap to understand and improve the quality of our routing
- Make product and technical decisions across a complex system that balances user priorities, efficiency needs, and our driving software’s capabilities
- Build robust tools for conducting routing quality analysis
- Define the roadmap for future scope expansion, including new maneuvers and territory expansion, balancing technical complexity with user demand
- Design and drive the roadmap for machine learning and evaluation in routing, including learned models, automated evaluation, prediction of driving quality based on observed events, and tools for performance evaluation from the project level to full end-to-end systems
At minimum we'd like you to have:
- A BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Robotics, technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years of experience in product management
- Strategy and analytical skills. Ability to gather and analyze large quantities of information, and turn them into a thoughtful and compelling product vision, including economics/business plan. Good at problem stating and problem solving, and turning ambiguous problem spaces into radical solutions
- The ability to flourish in ambiguity, setting own goals and effectively delivering to them in a very fast-changing environment. Motivated by making the world a better place through technology, and wanting to be part of a team that makes this happen
It's preferred if you have:
- 4 years of experience in product management
- A master's degree in a technical or engineering field or MBA or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in autonomous vehicles, robotic path planning, fault protection, or human robot interaction a plus
- Experience working in mapping, routing, or dispatch problems
- Experience running complex large-scale experiments
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.