Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Security is critical to the development and testing of the self driving car (SDC). It enables engineers to rapidly iterate the subtle consequences of any change to the SDC software.
In this Autonomous Vehicle Security role, you will help ensure the highest level of security of the Waymo autonomous vehicles by engaging with all stages of the development lifecycle, from threat analysis to penetration testing.
Your goal will be to identify security issues in product designs and/or implementations related to Waymo autonomous vehicles and its connected ecosystem.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with engineering on security during design/development/testing
- Develop security related tooling for security and engineering teams
- Perform technical security assessments, code audits and design reviews.
- Assist with technical solutions to mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Conduct research to identify new attack vectors against Waymo products and services.
- Develop Threat Models using industry best practices
- Generate security requirements for Waymo engineering and suppliers
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience in application security and system security.
- 5+ years of experience in code auditing
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
It’s preferred if you have:
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Relevant work experience in web application security.
- Software development experience in C++ or Java.
- Embedded Security
- Security of Linux based systems
- Foundation in, and in-depth technical knowledge of, security engineering, computer and network security, authentication, security protocols and applied cryptography.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Not afraid to try something new.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.