Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's Systems Engineering team works together to blend software and hardware systems in groundbreaking new ways. We set the high performance standards that ensure our vehicles run smoothly and keep passengers safe, then design and perform the tests that validate that performance. We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results.
In this role, you'll:
- Decompose product and safety goals into concise, testable requirements for the Waymo infotainment system and drive their adoption by collaborating with cross-functional internal teams and external partners
- Influence and develop the infotainment system design, including its tolerance to faults
- Create system architecture diagrams and documents to communicate decisions across the organization
- Work with test engineers to develop or improve test plans and verification strategies
- Work with test engineers to create bench test rigs for the infotainment systems including displays, speakers, microphones, etc.
- Analyze collected test results and derive useful insight for the cross-functional teams
- Organize, prioritize, and deliver design feedback and system testing results to help the implementing engineers deliver excellent products
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering, physics, or other technical field
- At least 3 years of experience in systems engineering or hardware engineering
- Domain expertise in vehicle infotainment, display, and audio systems
- A strong root-cause analysis mindset to problem solving
- Strong analytical skills
- Code comprehension skills to effectively collaborate with our software teams
- Ability and desire to learn new things
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience decomposing use cases into technical requirements
- Experience building or working with bench tests setups or vehicle bring up
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.