Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role you'll:
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Help to refine Waymo’s product vision and strategy
- Guide the roadmap of motion planning and decision-making systems for the self-driving vehicles, ensuring that the behavior of our vehicles is safe, smooth, and predictable to other road users
- Grow a fundamental understanding of the next driving challenges by analyzing real-world logs collected on our state-of-the-art fleet
- Leverage both user research and product insight to make product and technical decisions across a complex system that balances user priorities, efficiency needs, and our driving software’s capabilities
- Work closely with other partners across Waymo from Data Science, Simulation, System Engineering, Safety and Testing to help define and evaluate the driving performance
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Robotics, technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years of experience in product management
- Strategy and analytical skills; Ability to gather and analyze large quantities of information, and turn them into a thoughtful and compelling product vision, including economics/business plan
- Good at problem stating and problem solving, and turning ambiguous problem spaces into radical solutions
- Flourish in ambiguity, setting own goals and effectively delivering to them in a very fast-changing environment
- The ability to think about the long-term, and then decompose that vision into concrete, actionable plans
It’s preferred if you have:
- Master's degree in a technical or engineering field or MBA or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of experience in product management
- Experience in autonomous vehicles, robotic path planning, human robot interaction or applied machine learning a plus
- Interest in solving highly cross-functional and technical issues
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.