Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Our cars may be self-driving, but Waymo’s finances are steered by experts like you. The Finance and Accounting group manages all aspects of our finances and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with managing compilation of our financial statements, looking after our cash and overseeing compliance, we partner closely with the business in overseeing company wide resource allocation, developing cutting edge compensation initiatives and generating detailed financial analyses to drive the business forward. We also develop advanced capital strategies to support the company’s short- and long-term future.
In this role, you’ll:
- Ensure effective Finance partnering with the leaderships of each of the Waymo functions, from Product / Engineering / Manufacturing through to Go To Market and G&A teams, including revenue growth, resource and cost allocation, investment and spend management, informing strategic decisions and revenue / spend optimization initiatives and partnerships
- Responsible for all aspects of budgeting, forecasting, and monthly management reporting processes and partner with the business and other Finance teams to ensure the efficient use of scarce resources and effectiveness of go-to-market activities, with a particular emphasis on the effective management of risk
- Own the strategic P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow models for the Waymo business, working closely with business and finance partners to accurately reflect business thinking and ensure appropriate visibility and oversight for key Waymo and Alphabet stakeholders. Build rigorous analytical tools and business assets to measure business results, key success metrics and financial performance, leveraging core systems infrastructure as appropriate
- Oversight of Waymo funding and cash management strategy and operations, working closely with Waymo Corp Dev, Legal and relevant Alphabet functions as required
- Cultivate strong relationships and collaboration across multiple internal touch points with other Alphabet Finance functions plus internal Waymo partners from Product, HR, Legal and others
- Oversee a strong people development agenda, including developing critical competencies, establishing a coherent and coordinated Business Finance team that partners exceptionally across the business and Alphabet, promoting the leadership learning process and facilitating functional and technical skill building
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree, ideally in a quantitative field
- 15+ years of business experience including 10+ years of finance or strategy consulting experience and specific experience in leading an FP&A function in an early stage / rapid growth environment
- Outstanding track record in planning and managing at both the strategic and operational level - organized, detail-oriented, strategically focused and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
It’s preferred if you have:
- Automotive or ride share industry experience a definite advantage
- MBA or CPA a plus
- Demonstrable success in building, leading and developing successful Finance teams, ideally including building a business from R&D stage to mature operating company
- Strong analytical expertise and ability to effectively structure and communicate finance data for business consideration and decision making at both the executive and working team levels
- First-hand experience in (1) private company fundraising, including due diligence, and (2) 409a valuation process
- A strong understanding and experience of the end to end financial operations of a manufacturing / supply chain oriented business unit in a large global organization and the ability to consistently deliver on demanding financial objectives
- Excellent senior level business partnering, influencing and presentation skills including significant experience at C-level communications and support
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.