Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Wherever Waymo works, Business Support teams are on the job. We’re the real estate specialists who find and build amazing workspaces and research facilities; the systems experts who develop and run our intuitive IT and business tools; the multitasking administrators who plan events, manage vendors, and orchestrate the daily activities of our teams and leaders. Together, we do everything it takes to keep Waymo rolling.
In this role, you’ll:
- Deliver facilities that consistently meet the disparate and demanding needs of the Waymo business, engineering and operations teams, thinking ahead to provide additional new capabilities in a timely and cost effective manner
- Build and manage strong relationships with key business customers, understanding their needs, delivering on their requirements and successfully influencing their thinking to deliver optimized solutions
- Partner effectively internal / external service providers (both domestic and international) including facilities managers, contractors, security and other service providers to deliver high quality, cost effective solutions appropriate to Waymo’s developing and evolving needs
- Partner effectively with key support functions e.g. Finance, Procurement, Legal and Alphabet partners to manage resource allocation, budget, risk, legal and other considerations across the Waymo facility portfolio. Manage relationships with Waymo leadership team up to and including Waymo CEO including providing strong visibility on portfolio progress and risks and influencing leadership thinking as appropriate
- Oversee a strong people development agenda, including attracting world class talent, developing critical competencies, building a coherent and coordinated Waymo REWS team that partners exceptionally across the business and Alphabet, promoting the leadership learning process and facilitating functional and technical skill building
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field
- 15+ years of business experience including 10+ years of real estate / facilities management / Workplace services or consulting experience. Specific experience in leading a multi-site facilities function in an early stage / rapid growth environment; also experience in supporting some combination of depot, manufacturing and lab environments in addition to office seating type facilities
- Outstanding track record in planning and managing at both the strategic and operational level - organized, detail-oriented, strategically focused and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Strong multi-tasking capability with a proven ability to drive progress and work through issues across multiple tracks simultaneously
- Exceptional senior level business partnering, influencing and presentation skills including the proven ability to influence and lead discussions / decision making at the C-Suite level
It’s preferred if you have:
- Hardware development / Manufacturing / automotive Ride Share industry experience a definite advantage
- Demonstrable success in building, leading and developing successful Real estate / Work Place services teams in complex environments across multiple geographies (ideally including an international dimension) and site types, ideally including supporting a business from R&D stage to mature operating company
- Strong project and portfolio management and analytical expertise including familiarity with a broad range of financial, legal and regulatory considerations as they relate to real estate and facilities management activities
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.