Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
We are hiring a Product Manager to drive our efforts for the in-car experience of our self-driving cars. The person doing this role will lead the work towards ensuring that users first-ever encounter with a large scale “robot service” is something that goes down in history as a smashing success, as well as our in-car experience being truly a differentiator for our service (e.g. through in-car entertainment). You’ll come onto this journey at a very early stage, and your mind needs to be up for high pace, big shifts in directions, scrappiness, quick shifts between highly hands-on work and high level strategy, and you need to hit the ground running and be ready for some action…!
In this Product Manager role you'll:
- Deliver on a vision for in-car user experience that builds user trust in our technology and delivers on a relaxing and comfortable ride
- Partner closely with design and engineering to turn breakthrough technologies into products that solve real user needs and transform transportation
- Develop and own product roadmap for Waymo’s in-car experience
- Be a strong user advocate within Waymo overall, and help refine Waymo’s overall product vision and strategy
At minimum we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of solid PM experience, ideally in the Transportation or Automotive industry
- Track record of driving product growth through analytics and great, simple, insightful user experience
It's preferred if you have:
- A solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered & product design principles
- Deep understanding of how design, prototyping, and user research meet complex and varied requirements on highly technical scientific & engineering projects
- Experienced at building strong working relationships with designers
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively in a highly engineering-driven environment
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.