Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this Product Manager role you'll:
- Own and manage the mobile app development product life cycle from inception through execution
- Work closely with design, research, and engineering to define a vision, strategy and roadmap for the Waymo mobile app
- Synthesize user insights, competitive insights, market trends, and complex legal and business factors into product requirements
- Define and maintain key metrics to measure and analyze Waymo app performance
- Serve as product liaison for internal and external partners, including marketing, legal, privacy, security, and third-party partnerships
- Partner closely with component teams across Waymo to understand their vision, objectives and opportunities for strategic alignment
At minimum we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of solid PM experience
- Track record of driving product growth through analytics and great, simple, insightful user experience
It's preferred if you have:
- Experience within the Transportation or Automotive industry
- A solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered & product design principles
- Deep understanding of how design, prototyping, and user research meet complex and varied requirements on highly technical scientific & engineering projects
- Experienced at building strong working relationships with designers
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively in a highly eng-driven environment
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.