Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The Business Development team helps plan Waymo’s dynamic future and drive the company’s go-to-market strategy. We work cross-functionally and leverage quantitative and qualitative analysis to build forward-looking partnerships that deliver on Waymo’s strategic business objectives. As a member of this entrepreneurial and results-oriented team, you will have a significant impact on defining, developing and executing Waymo’s commercial deployment.
In this role you’ll:
- Manage a team of business development managers across a broad range of business areas, supporting the team as they identify, vet and negotiate deals with prospective partners. This role reports directly to Waymo’s Chief Operating Officer.
- Develop Waymo’s partnerships strategy across ridehailing, operations and new business lines. You’ll develop strategic partnerships that support our revenue and growth targets, further our policy initiatives, and help make our operations as efficient and effective as possible.
- Align key senior-level business, product and eng stakeholders on partnerships strategy, and provide input on Waymo’s business and product roadmap using quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Manage relationships with VP and C-level executives at partner organizations, and support the team in closing deals with top tier partners.
- Develop template agreements, including deal economics and legal terms, in coordination with legal & finance.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 10+ years of work experience, including 5+ years in business development or strategic partnerships in the technology or transportation sector.
- Experience managing a cross-functional team, particularly a team that coordinates with product, engineering and strategy stakeholders.
- Excellent project management, problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to develop and maintain quality relationships with 3rd party partners.
- Experience negotiating and closing complex deals, particularly for early-stage businesses.
- Self-motivation, strong attention to detail, and a sense of urgency around delivering on team goals. Ability to thrive in ambiguity and a fast-paced environment.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.