Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Operations keeps Waymo’s business rolling. We are the vehicle operators, service technicians and customer support specialists who test and maintain our self-driving vehicles and bring help and guidance to our passengers and customers. The Operations team is the heart of Waymo’s testing operations and ride hailing service, handling every detail to make sure that each ride is the ultimate user experience.
In this role you'll:
- Master proprietary cutting edge technologies, both independently and while collaborating with engineering and other Waymo teams.
- Serve as the trucking technician point of contact with engineering to manage issue escalation, tracking, and resolution
- Pave the way for Waymo trucking technicians by developing processes, policy, and training
- Service, troubleshoot, and assist development efforts of Self-driving Systems such as embedded components and integrated sensor stacks, as well as OEM base vehicle systems and components
- Demonstrate leadership with exemplary hands on skills, technical writing, and verbal communication practices.
- Provide remote field support, up to 25% of the time.
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- 4+ years as a truck or heavy equipment shop lead/master tech, BA/BS and/or an Automotive Technology degree
- 2+ years experience in an automotive research/development environment
- 2+ years experience working with ADAS systems and/or other self-driving systems
- Valid CDL, or ability and willingness to obtain and maintain a CDL
- Strong diagnostic troubleshooting experience with CAN, J1939, Automotive Ethernet, LIN, Pneumatics, HVAC, cooling, powertrain, brakes, chassis and suspension
- Ability to adhere to a schedule of operating times for the assigned shift including, but not limited to, working on holidays, weekends, and nights. Must be willing and able to travel independently on short notice to support fleet needs - up to 25% of the time
It’s preferred if you have:
- Master Technician certified, ASE certification and or manufacturer certification
- Knowledgeable regarding optimization of fleet maintenance and OEM maintenance items
- Ability to operate within a Linux shell using command line tools, navigating directories, and performing basic network or hardware troubleshooting
- Diagnostic experience with embedded modules, self driving systems and sensor stacks
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Experience working in a matrix organization, thrives working in a rapidly evolving environment, independently and with cross functional teams
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.