Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's supply chain and manufacturing teams are making the cars of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
The Custom Silicon Global Sourcing team works with both internal and external cross-functional teams on strategic custom silicon programs from supplier selection to production ensuring a robust competitive supply chain for our products. We are a key part of an end-to-end supply chain team that drives continuous improvement and ensures operational excellence in support of Waymo's rapid growth.
In this Global Supply Manager role, you'll:
- Manage all critical short-term and long term sourcing strategies and customer-supplier relationships with silicon and foundry partners
- Drive supplier selection technology roadmap and business engagements, including pricing, business models, capacity, yield, and related supplier management aspects with silicon foundry partners
- Develop sourcing strategy ensuring suppliers are capable of meeting Waymo’s current and future technical and business requirements
- Be an expert in commodity cost and supply
- Demonstrate an understanding of cost structures and should-cost analysis for silicon or assembly packaging/test, including power, performance, area (PPA) and defect density analysis with respect to process technology nodes to ensure optimal TCO for our products
- Maintain an insightful comprehension of the evolving semiconductor industry with an established executive network with suppliers
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering field
- 5 years of experience managing cross functional relationships between Hardware Engineering and ASIC design and foundry services providers
- 5 years of experience working with ASIC, Foundry and OSAT partners from the customer side. Alternatively, technical marketing and strategic account management from the vendor side
- 5 years of experience in process integration/engineering or design lead experience
It's preferred if you have:
- Lead ASIC experience or has taped-out 10+ custom devices
- Post graduate degree in Electrical Engineering and/or MBA
- 10 years of combined experience in chip development, process integration/engineering, customer-supplier management with ASIC partners, silicon foundries and OSAT
- Led complex multi-tier agreement negotiations and deep knowledge of custom and merchant silicon, intellectual property
- Deep technical understanding of semiconductor ecosystems (technical, operations and commercial) and related landscapes
- Up to 25% domestic and international travel to Asia and Europe
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.