Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's supply chain and manufacturing teams are making the cars of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this Hardware Engineer, Production Test role, you’ll:
- Conduct PCBA troubleshooting, bringing up and rework
- Conduct photonic module troubleshooting and rework
- Develop product troubleshooting procedures
- Develop and maintain test stations for board and module level testing
- Provide on-site technical support to our manufacturing partners to bring up and to maintain production line test stations
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronic Engineering
- Strong experience in digital and analog circuit design/analysis, PCBA bringing-up, testing and troubleshooting
- Strong hands-on EE lab skills and enthusiasm in solving real world production problems
- Strong experience in Python, embedded SW development and Linux networking
- International experience, particularly in Asia and ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time
- Proficient in English communication
- Experience in PCBA manufacturing and module level FATP is a plus
Please note, this role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.