Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's supply chain and manufacturing teams are making the cars of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this Production Test Engineer role, you’ll:
- Apply your software, Linux, networking and hardware skills to troubleshoot test station issues.
- Provide on-site technical support to our manufacturing partners to bring up and to maintain production test stations.
- Develop software to enhance the functionality of test stations.
- Conduct PCBA troubleshooting, bringing up and provide guidance to our manufacturing partners to rework PCBAs.
- Develop product troubleshooting procedures.
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent discipline
- Either hardware engineering background with strong software skills or software engineering background with hardware experience
- Strong experience in Python and Linux
- International experience, particularly in Asia and ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time
- Proficiency in English communication
It’s preferred if you have:
- Strong hands-on EE lab skills and enthusiasm in solving real world production problems
- Strong experience in digital and analog circuit design/analysis, PCBA bringing-up, testing and troubleshooting
- Experience in PCBA manufacturing and module level FATP
- Proficiency in Chinese communication
Please note, this role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.