Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role you’ll:
- Work with teams across the organization to achieve a constantly high security bar for Waymo products and services and buy-in for security initiatives
- Coordinate with security teams from Alphabet and Google and execute on large security projects that interface with multiple parts of the Waymo development lifecycle
- Work across organizational teams on ensuring applicable industry standards and best practices are understood, including identifying gaps and propose changes to existing policy, systems and process frameworks
- Develop scalable solutions and work to manage risks across the organization and develop best practices that are a benefit across the organization
- Support or lead complex, multidisciplinary projects. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
- Create presentations with compelling messages effectively tailored to different audience levels, including executives. Drive recommendations through to implementation and results
We’d like you to have:
- 5+ years relevant work experience in either Hardware (preferred) and/or Security
- BA/BS degree in a technical or quantitative/business-oriented field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in security industry, transportation/logistics, government, or equivalent project management experience in a technology or media company
- Superior problem-solving and project management skills. Experience executing complex strategic and operational initiatives
- Proven ability to work with team members to design processes and implement strategic projects that solve business problems; This position requires leading and working effectively with cross functional groups
- Demonstrated resilience and strong track record of ability to create change in an unstructured and rapidly evolving environment, strong leadership skills and experience; Self directed and able to deliver to a high standard under pressure in a rapidly evolving environment
It is preferred if you have:
- Prior experience in or passion for embedded systems, systems engineering, and security
- Experience organizing and executing on large-scale, complex programs across large orgs
- Data analysis skills
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.