Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Develop creative high performance analog and mixed signal solutions to leading edge design problems
- Simulate, integrate, and debug custom analog circuits and new ASICs
- Characterize circuit performance over extreme operating conditions
- Solve problems, prototype, and debug using C++ and Python
- Use data analysis tools to understand manufacturing and field failures
At the minimum, we'd like you to have:
- BS, MS or PhD in EE, CE, or Physics
- 5-10 years experience preferred
- Experience with high speed circuits - transmission lines, signalling (LVDS, CML), S-Parameters
- Experience with design for EMC - common mode conversion, shielding, EM theory
- Experience with mixed signal board layout - clock / data coupling into sensitive analog circuits
It's preferred if you have:
- Practical lab skills and tools - oscilloscope, logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer, network analyzers
- Familiarity with more then one circuit simulator - LTSpice, HSpice, PSpice, ADS, HFSS, Q3D, CST, Verilog-A, Spectre, etc.
- Understanding of noise theory - noise sources, noise figure
- Interfacing with ADCs, microcontrollers, FPGAs
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.