Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Work closely with the Architecture and Design teams to explore physical design trades around process and IP, cost, performance, power, area, and risk
- Work closely with partners to best leverage internal and external resources
- Implement synthesis, place-and-route, power estimation and optimization flows
- Iterate with the Design team to achieve maximum performance
- Develop timing constraints and global interconnect methodologies
- Support DFT, package design, and bring-up
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 5+ years of experience with back-end design tools
- Exceptional at area, power, and timing characterization and optimization
- Skilled at scripting design flows and analysis tools
- Familiar with designing high-performance ASICs in advanced process nodes
- Past experience with front-end design tools
- Good communication skills to interact and drive partner interactions
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience with memory compilers, PLLs, PVT, fuses, and other standard ASIC IP
- Skilled at CTS, timing constraints, and on-chip interconnects
- Strong background with clock gating and other power optimization methodologies
- Familiar with chiplet or multi-chip packaging
- Understanding of standard interface controllers and PHYs, such as PCIe, DDRx, and Ethernet
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.