Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's Systems Engineering team works together to blend software and hardware systems in groundbreaking new ways. We set the high performance standards that ensure our vehicles run smoothly and keep passengers safe, then design and perform the tests that validate that performance. We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results.
In this role, you'll:
- Develop metrics and analysis methods to evaluate the performance and safety of our self-driving system are met
- Conduct and communicate performance assessments for new capabilities and the existing system
- Work cross-functionally to establish performance targets and influence the system design i to meet those targets
- Increase the automation and scalability of Waymo’s evaluation methods by inventing new techniques for measuring driving performance and developing better tools to conduct those measurements at scale
- Establish affirmative evidence of the safety capabilities of the autonomous system with a degree of rigor that exceeds industry expectations
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 5+ years developing software tools
- Advanced degree in appropriate technical field (Software Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics, or equivalent)
- Strong background working with data, either in academia or industry
- Strong software engineering toolkit and deep statistical knowledge
- Enthusiasm to understand a complex system and its various components
- Solid understanding of physics, in particular dynamics
- Experience with C++ and Python
It’s preferred if you have:
- Previous motion planning, autonomous vehicle, or robotics experience
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.