Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Work closely with the Design Team to define specifications and test plans
- Execute on the test plan, including test development, reference model design, and failure debug
- Create verification infrastructure and tools
- Identify and integrate third-party verification IP
- Collect and analyze coverage metrics
- Establish verification best-practices
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience with using UVM to verify ASICs
- Strong knowledge of SystemVerilog
- Understanding of digital architecture and logic
- Good software skills, including experience with C/C++ for reference model development
- Advanced verification techniques like constrained random generation, functional coverage, and assertions
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience with the full digital design verification cycle -- from spec through bring-up
- Experience with performance and power validation, digital design (RTL), and formal verification
- Experience with machine learning and other high performance compute elements
- Understanding of industry standard protocols, interfaces and IP components, such as PCIe, DDR4, Ethernet, and NoCs
- Prototyping and debug of systems on FPGA platforms and emulators
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.