Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
The Automotive Partnerships team develops and maintains relationships with vehicle OEMs. Waymo is building a better driver and partnering with manufacturers to deliver the technology in appropriate vehicles. We work cross-functionally to build forward-looking partnerships that align with Waymo’s strategic business objectives. As a member of this team, you will have a significant impact on defining, developing and executing on partnerships with tremendous impact on Waymo’s future.
In this management role, you'll:
- Develop partnership and business development strategy based on research, expertise and understanding of Waymo’s strategy and goals.
- Build consensus for recommendations with internal teams and executives.
- Manage OEM partner relationships from initial discussions and relationship management through agreement closing and partner management. Build strong long term relationships with partners.
- Develop compelling partnership terms that benefit both Waymo and our partners.
- Lead agreement negotiations with partners, including cross-functional project management and internal preparation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including engineering, legal, business operations, marketing, and finance to support partnership development and management.
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- 10+ years of experience in business development or partnership roles, ideally in the technology and/or transportation industries.
- Proven track record of developing strategic partnerships and negotiating agreement terms.
- Proven ability to handle ambiguity, work collaboratively with internal and partner contacts, influence cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills with technical, contractual and financial issues; impeccable business judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable communicating directly with senior executives and in fast-paced, sometimes unpredictable environment.
It's preferred if you have:
- MBA or graduate degree in a management, technical, or engineering field.
- Experience negotiating unique and creative partnership agreements, with significant technical, legal and commercial complexity.
- Automotive OEM or Tier 1 experience.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.