Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The Business Systems team defines and builds the business IT architecture that supports the commercial operation of Waymo's autonomous vehicle fleet. The team stands at the intersection of finance, operations and IT; through creative architecture, expertise and attention to detail, it ensures that Waymo has world-class capabilities across all its business processes.
In this Head of Business Systems Engineering role, you'll:
- Build and guide a lean, world-class sustaining Business Systems engineering team consisting of Application Engineers, Technical Program managers, Business Systems Analysts to implement Industry best practices solutions for enabling Waymo’s Go-To-Market strategy and Business Operations
- Partner with Product, Engineering and Business function leadership to develop strategies for the effective deployment of IT systems both within individual functions and across multiple functions
- Partner with both internal and 3rd party IT system and services providers to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of required systems capabilities across multiple functions that can grow with the business as required
- Advise Waymo leadership team on systems and data architectures, systems programme prioritisation and effective partner engagement and management, ensuring our IT capabilities are developing in line with the business’s progression
- Oversee IT systems planning, budgeting and forecasting, advocating for resources as required while ensuring that all spend is supported by rigorous cost-benefit analysis and continuous oversight
- Coordinate and influence effectively across a broad range of customer and product / service provider functions to ensure effective end to end systems support for key business processes and adherence to all relevant Waymo security, privacy and compliance requirements
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Science or equivalent years of work experience (MBA a definite plus)
- 18+ years experience in Hands-on Business Systems management within core Business Systems areas of Finance, Supply chain / Manufacturing, Sales, HR, Legal and Business Intelligence
- 12+ Years experience in delivering Business Systems programs including technology and solution assessments, designing, resource estimations, testing and implementation / maintenance
- Experience with Implementation of full lifecycle ERP (SAP S4 Hana), CRM systems (Salesforce) and HR Systems (Workday) and satellite applications including understanding of its underlying PMO methodology, SDLC and Functional Processes
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills with a proven track record of implementing impactful cross-function programs in a complex organizational environment
- Outstanding team development and leadership skills with the ability to attract and grow strong talent
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.