Waymo's mission is to improve people's lives by transforming mobility. Imagine a world where people are freed from the frustration and energy wasted driving to get to the place they want to be. Today, our driverless cars are serving our first customers with no drivers behind the wheel. To experience our self-driving technology, see this 360-degree video.
The UX Engineering team is hiring to help build out the Android OS and entertainment media layers and verticals of our in-car software stack. In this role, you will focus on developing the in-car UX operating system, system services and media stack, as well as user-facing entertainment solutions.
We are looking for a passionate engineer with a track record of bringing awesome products to market. You will work on an Android device to deliver a rock-solid platform on which we deliver the in-car UX and media experience. The team works closely with a small cross-functional team of product managers, hardware engineers, designers and UX researchers, as well as the vehicle engineers and AI experts to experiment and iterate towards bringing this technology to customers.
This position requires experience in three or more of the following:
4+ years of experience in building and shipping Android solutions
- Android platform
- Experience with shipping hardware/devices running Android
- Android system services and/or applications
- Client-server protocols
- Focus on platform stability and performance
- Strong communication skills, being able to collaborate with the wider Waymo team (product managers, hardware engineers, designers, vehicle and robotics engineers, and executives)
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with C++ on Android
- Experience with novel Android devices, developing new system services and/or Android applications
- Experience with and/or knowledge of full-stack media and entertainment solutions
- Experience with chromecast, audio protocols, or other media-specific technologies
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.