Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Develop program schedules within the established parameters of the budget, and meeting or exceeding all requirements and drive execution based on high level requirements and by building consensus across teams
- Track build readiness, evaluate risks and develop mitigation with internal teams and vendors.
- Quickly acquire deep technical knowledge of the entirety of the scope, budget, and timing across the entire life cycle for self driving components supported by the team
- Work closely with cross functional teams (hardware, supply chain, test and validation, advance manufacturing, etc.) to understand key deliverables, milestones and critical paths. Track all deliverables closely.
- Ensure alignment amongst the development, manufacturing, and any other relevant teams around scope/budget/timing. Relentlessly pursue disconnects and resolve them to the benefit of the greater good for the program
- Identify and arrange for the resources needed to achieve successful delivery, Manage product life cycle and bill of materials. And support vehicle builds as part of new product introduction
At the minimum, we'd like you to have:
- A BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or a similar discipline
- 5 + years experience in Program Management
- Direct experience working in engineering and manufacturing teams, experience working in hardware development preferred.
It's preferred if you have:
- 6+ years in the product development process, understanding and execution from prototype to production (design, build, validate, production)
- 5+ experience in new product introduction (NPI) / High volume production/ in supporting product launches from hardware design or manufacturing
- Experience in module and vehicle integration preferred
- Demonstrated strong analytical, oral, and written communication skills. Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally and within a matrix organization
- Comprehensive understanding of launch process and critical path management
- Strong technical abilities - able to work closely/credibly with highly technical teams
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.