Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take seriously our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture.
In this Head of Equity, Inclusion, & Diversity role, you'll:
- Drive and execute a holistic Equity, Inclusion, & Diversity (EID) strategy and multi-year roadmap that ensures Waymo continues to seek, retain, value and develop people who represent the diversity of the world we live in, and are building a Waymo where everyone belongs.
- Provide a framework for guiding the implementation of our overall EID strategy and operational mechanisms including governance structure, principles, processes and program management to support leadership accountability.
- Influence better decisions related to people practices and priorities through data, analysis and recommendations for Waymo’s business that aligns with the company's people values.
- As a subject matter expert, create a learning environment by championing awareness, education, commitment, and accountability for the employee experience while influencing change cross-functionally.
- Develop holistic success measures into our EID practices and implement appropriate measurements to track our EID efforts and accomplishments.
- Build strong relationships with our employee resource groups, provide leadership and guidance on all programs and efforts.
- Collaborate with our business leadership and our People team, in particular our HR Business Partners, Recruiting and Learning & Development to provide insights, resources, tools and actions as it relates to workforce planning, talent acquisition and inclusion strategies to support our EID mission and vision.
- Develop and implement our EID communications plan in close collaboration with our Communications leadership to ensure all employees are informed about our objectives, programs and efforts with a clear understanding of how to be involved. Represent Waymo as key spokesperson on EID internally and externally.
- Lead outreach efforts to organizations who we may partner with as it relates to recruitment, our learning agenda and internal engagement.
- Establish governance, mission, budget and oversight for all EID work that impacts Waymo's workforce.
We'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience in Human Resources, Equity, Inclusion and Diversity or related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience working in Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) in either a leadership capacity or as a core part of role with demonstrated subject matter expertise.
It’s preferred if you have:
- Proven ability to drive racial equity across the organization, to integrate Equity, Inclusion and Diversity (EID) into existing systems and processes, while designing new ones.
- Execution focus with ability to scale and deliver EID programs and plans in partnership with cross-functional teams in support of the EID vision and overarching strategy.
- Systems thinker with demonstrated experience leading significant change processes effectively and efficiently both in the short-term and long-term for an outcome over time.
- Experience in client-facing roles to engage, listen, educate and respond with priority actions in partnership with key stakeholders across various functions and levels.
- Experience in interpreting external and internal trends, innovation and thinking and translating them into effective practices.
- Experience translating data and analytics to develop insights, tell stories, drive decisions and measure impact.
- Track record of strong collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively in a high-paced, fast growing environment.
- Detail-oriented and committed to a high degree of accuracy.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and influencing skills at all levels within an organization, and externally on behalf of the company.
- Comfortable to fail and experiment, conduct retrospectives and harness learnings to shape actions.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.