Infrastructure Strategy Planning & Optimization Lead
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The Strategy & Business Operations team plans Waymo’s dynamic future and drives the company’s go-to-market strategy and strategic execution. We leverage quantitative and qualitative analysis to create long-term business strategies and help execute on Waymo’s commercial deployment. We run a lean team, creating the opportunity for each team member to generate substantial impact on Waymo’s business.
In this Infrastructure Strategy Planning and Optimization lead, you’ll:
- Be responsible for the optimization and prescription of the evolutionary roadmap for Waymo’s infrastructure
- Develop Waymo’s infrastructure simulation capabilities to run sensitivity and risk analysis to test and optimize scenarios
- Leverage a deep understanding of Operations Research and Data Science concepts and techniques to inform and influence infrastructure recommendations
- Work with Operations, Product, Engineering, Policy and Finance to define the interdepencies, fleet characteristics, external factors and requirements for Waymo’s infrastructure plans
- Develop reproducible and scalable models and decision support tools for the Strategy and Business Operations team
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- 7+ years of work experience in Operations Research, Data Science, applied Math in Logistics or equivalent
- Extensive experience in modeling and optimizing physical networks
- Strong mathematical programming skills (LP, MILP) with a solid foundation in data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in statistical data analysis, modeling, machine learning (linear models, time-series, neural networks) in Python
- Exceptional ability to transform complex business problems into first principle models
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and a fast paced industry
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience with NP-hard problems, Queuing theory and related topics
- Experience building web applications (React.js)
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.