Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
The Strategy & BizOps team drives and executes against the company’s go-to-market strategy. We leverage quantitative and qualitative analysis to create long-term business strategies and help execute on Waymo’s commercial deployment. The team is analytically driven, with a proactive mentality, focused on finding and delivering on high impact projects.
In this Product Data Scientist - Infrastructure Strategy Lead, you’ll:
- Be responsible for the optimization and prescription of the evolutionary roadmap for Waymo’s infrastructure
- Develop Waymo’s infrastructure simulation capabilities to run sensitivity and risk analysis to test and optimize scenarios
- Leverage a deep understanding of Operations Research and Data Science concepts and techniques to inform and influence infrastructure recommendations
- Work with Operations, Product, Engineering, Policy and Finance to define the interdepencies, fleet characteristics, external factors and requirements for Waymo’s infrastructure plans
- Develop reproducible and scalable models and decision support tools for the Strategy and Business Operations team
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- 5+ years of work experience in Operations Research, Data Science, applied Math in Logistics or equivalent
- Expertise using SQL to extract, clean, and transform data in large, complex, nested, databases
- Proficiency in statistical data analysis, modeling, machine learning (linear models, time-series, neural networks) in Python
- Exceptional ability to transform complex business problems into first principle models
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and a fast paced industry
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience with geospatial statistical analysis
- Experience with the transportation sector
- Experience with autonomous vehicles
- An advanced degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or similar field
US-Remote includes employees working from their primary residence in certain locations only, such as Arizona, California, DC, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and Washington. This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.