Global Supply Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's supply chain and manufacturing teams are making the cars of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this Global Supply Manager role, you'll:
- Identify, develop, negotiate and manage existing and further development of suppliers
- Provide on-site management of enclosure manufacturing partners to manage the development builds, risk mitigation and ramp
- Schedule, capacity and supply planning to meet production demands
- Evaluate technical and business risks using data based analysis and develop sound risk mitigation alternatives. Provide cross-functional support with industrial design, development and operations
- Perform cost modeling, negotiation and execution of part and assembly cost strategy
We’d like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience in procurement and product launches, along with in-depth knowledge about product development, manufacturing and supply chain management
- International experience, particularly in Asia, and the ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and working cross functionally with industrial design, development, legal and operations
- Demonstrated success working in multinational environments and motivated by accomplishing world-class objectives
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.