Mapping Operations Specialist, Engineering Operations
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The Mapping Operations team is part of the Engineering Operations team, which plays a vital role in the creation and development of Waymo's self-driving technology. Software Quality, Labeling and Mapping Operations are all part of this team: we review critical events, flag problematic cases, build sets of labeled data for machine learning, and make sure our high-definition maps are extraordinarily accurate as they grow with the business
In this Mapping Operations Specialist role you'll:
- Work with local and remote leads to ensure on-schedule delivery of projects and deliverables
- Identify opportunities for improvements and efficiency gains in the mapping process
- Work cross functionally with relevant teams as a point of contact to resolve edge cases and escalations
- Report and contextualize issues for our Engineering team, working with them to implement practical solutions
It's preferred if you have:
- BS/BA degree or 2 years of relevant work experience. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals in a diverse and dynamic work environment
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new concepts and utilize proprietary tools
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments
- Basic skills in task planning and time management
- At least 1 year previous experience in Waymo Mapping Operations is preferred
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.