Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's Systems Engineering team works together to blend software and hardware systems in groundbreaking new ways. We set the high performance standards that ensure our vehicles run smoothly and keep passengers safe, then design and perform the tests that validate that performance. We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results.
In this role, you'll:
- Creation and execution of vehicle electrical system design verification plans (DVPs) covering high and low voltage power supply and control systems and communication networks (e.g. CAN, Flexray, etc.)
- Test execution will involve travel to labs & test facilities to perform testing, and document / analyze results
- Design, build, and commission of fault injection testing assets
- Create in-vehicle, Hardware/Software-in-loop (HIL/SIL) and component test analysis and execution scripts to automate verification and validation tests
- Analyze test results against requirements and conduct root cause studies for issues found in developmental testing
- Participate in design reviews and technical discussions, contributing to improved designs through DVP result feedback
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical degree or equivalent practical experience
- At least 3 years experience in an electrical design, systems engineering, or electrical testing roles.
- A strong root-cause analysis mindset to problem solving
- Excellent written, oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively across engineering teams
- Willingness to travel domestically
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience in program management and development of detailed vehicle level test programs, including experience working with automotive OEM evaluation processes and facilities
- Coding and scripting ability (C++, Python) to scale large data sets and ability to draw conclusions via data analysis methods
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.