Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
The data infrastructure and analysis team owns data, solution, infrastructure and tooling for data driven decision making across Waymo. Our scope includes data processing infrastructure and pipelines, and data warehouse empowering reporting and business analysis.
Your work will help steer potentially multi-billion dollar business, and you will be a leading member of a growing team. You will have high-visibility within a cross-function (other eng orgs, product, finance, marketing, legal, partnerships, operations, etc.) org, and you will develop new skills in the areas of Analytics, Growth, Big Data and Data Science
This position requires experience in three or more of the following:
Key skills/attributes desired:
* A strong business focus: Our users are other teams and executives within Waymo
* Passion and experience on large-scale data infrastructure, including storage systems, query engines, and pipelines.
* Experience with C++, Python, GoogleSQL, Colab
* Creativity: High-threshold for experimentation and project exploration
* Self-driven, passion to work in a fast-paced environment.