Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's Systems Engineering team works together to blend software and hardware systems in groundbreaking new ways. We set the high performance standards that ensure our vehicles run smoothly and keep passengers safe, then design and perform the tests that validate that performance. We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results.
In this role, you'll:
- Dissect product and safety goals into verifiable requirements for the Waymo In Car Experience system (software and hardware) and drive their adoption by collaborating with cross-functional internal teams
- Influence and develop the In Car Experience design as it pertains to both our customers and Waymo trained drivers
- Create system architecture diagrams and documents to communicate decisions across the organization
- Work with test engineers to develop or improve test plans and verification strategies
- Analyze collected test results and derive useful insight for the cross-functional teams
- Organize, prioritize, and deliver design feedback and system testing results to help the implementing engineers deliver excellent products
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, physics, or other technical field or equivalent practical experience
- At least 3 years of experience in systems engineering or related field
- Ability to break down complex problems into smaller parts
- Ability and desire to work on several things at once
- A strong root-cause analysis mindset to problem solving
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills (proficiency with SQL is a plus)
- Ability to effectively collaborate with our engineering (software and hardware) and operations teams
- Ability and desire to learn new things
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience working with safety critical systems
- Experience dissecting use cases into technical requirements
- Hardware knowledge including camera technology
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.