Product Manager, Experimentation and Release
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this Product Manager role you'll:
- Develop a sophisticated software release process that accounts for the increasing complexity of products and geographies at Waymo
- Expand on our simulation experimentation and onroad experimentation methodology using statistically sound techniques
- Employ a developer-first mindset and a focus on hiding complexity of simulation and experimentation for our developers/users
- Integrate experimentation and release processes into relevant surface areas and infrastructure across Waymo
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 5+ years of product management experience
- 2+ years of engineering experience
- A Computer Science degree
- A solid statistical background and/or experimentation platform experience
- A background in managing and developing release processes and experience with massive scale/complexity
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.