Product Manager, Experimentation and Release
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role you’ll:
- Develop a sophisticated software release process that accounts for the increasing complexity of products and geographies at Waymo
- Expand on our simulation experimentation and onroad experimentation methodology using statistically sound techniques
- Employ a developer-first mindset and a focus on hiding complexity of simulation and experimentation for our developers/users
- Integrate experimentation and release processes into relevant surface areas and infrastructure across Waymo
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 5+ years of product management experience
- A solid statistical background and/or experimentation platform experience
- A background in managing and developing release processes and experience with massive scale/complexity
It’s preferred if you have:
- 2+ years of engineering experience
- A Computer Science degree
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.