Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Operations keeps Waymo’s business rolling. We are the vehicle operators, service technicians and customer support specialists who test and maintain our self-driving vehicles and bring help and guidance to our passengers and customers. The Operations team is the heart of Waymo’s testing operations and ride hailing service, handling every detail to make sure that each ride is the ultimate user experience.
In this fleet technician role you'll:
- Service and troubleshoot Self-Driving Systems, components and integrated sensor stacks using internal proprietary tools.
- Run scripts in Linux operating systems to test components and determine the root cause of issues
- Diagnose OEM base vehicle systems and components using manufacturer provided software and tools
- Be familiar with OEM maintenance items, including: brake systems, oil change intervals, tire replacement/wear indicators, HV coolant systems, HVAC recovery, on-board modules and OBD communication
- Record all repair work through excellent documentation practices and clear communication
- Provide remote field support, up to 25% of the time
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- 4 years of experience in automotive repair/testing or equivalent in similar field
- Excellent diagnostic troubleshooting/experience with OEM systems
- Experience working with HV/hybrid systems
- Experience running scripts and working with Linux based systems
- Ability to adhere to a schedule of operating times for the assigned shift including, but not limited to, working on weekends, holidays, and shift rotations.
- Experience working in a matrixed organization; ability to thrive in a rapidly changing and evolving environment, working both independently and with cross-functional teams.
It’s preferred if you have:
- ASE Master Technician certification and/or manufacturer certifications, including L3 - Light Duty Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Specialist Test
- Knowledgeable regarding optimization of fleet maintenance and OEM maintenance items
- Diagnostic experience with embedded modules, self driving systems and sensor stacks
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.