Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
The Automotive Corporate Development team is on a mission: to keep Waymo ahead of the pack through cutting-edge corporate strategy and technology. We share knowledge, invest, partner with like-minded companies (and sometimes acquire them), and make other strategic transactions to keep Waymo driving ahead. Before we act, we do incredibly in-depth research into the automotive and technology ecosystems; build advanced financial models; and perform due diligence of all types. We do everything we can to create the best situation for Waymo to thrive.
In this role, you'll:
- Develop partnership strategies with OEMs and Tier 1s (including evaluation of joint ventures, and other transaction types) based on research, expertise and a deep understanding of Waymo’s business goals and priorities
- Oversee financial analysis and modeling, deal structuring and negotiations
- Lead agreement negotiations with partners, including cross-functional project management and internal preparation
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including engineering, legal, business operations, marketing, and finance to support partnership development and management
- Lead and support financial modeling and analysis of target company, deal structures and pro-forma financial statements
- Prepare investment memos and executive presentations for various internal and Alphabet meetings
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS and a minimum of 10-12 years experience in at least two of the following areas: Investment Banking, Corporate/Business Development, Corporate Finance, Consulting or Corporate Strategy
- Expert analysis skills; a deep interest in analyzing data with the ability to distill trends and provide principled recommendations
- Familiarity and execution experience with: a wide range of transaction types and ability to evaluate the benefits and risks of different transaction types and deal structures; strategy, due diligence and valuation, deal structuring, negotiation, and integration; and other unique structuring/restructuring arrangements including Joint Ventures
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills and strong executive presence with an ability to present thoughtful input to controversial decision making. Persistence to move a principled deal through execution, and the courage to cease a deal that no longer makes sense for the business.
- Ability to travel as required for success in the role
It's preferred if you have:
- MBA with a technical or quantitative undergraduate degree
- Demonstrated experience leading successful global, cross-functional projects in a corporate environment
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.