Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Partner with engineers and other stakeholders to coordinate bring-up of new hardware and sensors, development of common tools, and building of shared infrastructure. Be prepared to roll up your sleeves, this role will leverage your hands-on software background!
- Work closely with software team(s) to identify, plan, prioritize, and execute tasks
- Manage issues, risks, and dependencies, and resolve misalignments with scope and schedule across Waymo products and projects
- Synthesize and communicate status updates to highlight the team’s accomplishments, flag areas of risk, and provide a call to action around important milestones
- Own software analytics/metrics to ensure we track software capability
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in a science or engineering field
- A minimum of 2 years relevant professional experience managing complex software development efforts, including tools & processes, breaking down and estimating work, prioritization and issue management
- A minimum of 5 years professional embedded engineering experience including understanding and reading C/C++ or equivalent; comfort with programming/scripting for dash-boarding and data analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; experience crafting compelling messages for multiple audiences
- A strong background in one of the following areas: robotics, positioning, localization, sensor filters, or aiding sensors.
It’s preferred if you have:
- Comfortable working on early-stage projects in an environment with ambiguity and change
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.