Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this Hardware Engineering role, you'll:
- Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, determine and apply the appropriate advanced analytical methods as needed. Conduct analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and reports
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of Google and Waymo infrastructure, data structures, and metrics. Learn and enhance your knowledge of the nuances of radar hardware, phenomenology, and dsp algorithms
- Research and develop algorithm, analysis, and optimization methods to improve the quality of radar design and verification
At the minimum, we'd like you to have:
- BS in Mathematics, Engineering, or Physics
- 2 years relevant work experience, including expertise with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods or equivalent coursework
- Proficient in one or more data analysis tools (Python, MATLAB, R, etc.) in a Linux environment
- 1 year C/C++ development experience or equivalent coursework
- Familiarity with radar design & principles of operation
- Experience with integration and test of a system
It's preferred if you have:
- Experience in radar design and analysis
- Experience in radar verification and troubleshooting
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.