Program Manager, Scenarios
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
As its name suggests, our Engineering Operations team plays a vital role in the creation and development of Waymo's autonomous driving technology. Software Quality, Labeling and Mapping Operations are all part of this team: we review critical events, flag problematic cases, build sets of labeled data for machine learning, and make sure our high-definition maps are extraordinarily accurate.
In this role, you'll:
- Manage large projects from concept to launch, developing and coordinating realistic project estimates, plans, and/or metrics, working and communicating effectively with Engineering, Product Management, QA, Operations and customers
- Setup and manage in-house / outsourced project execution teams, with associated processes, to ensure successful completion of the program
- Become a SME on various tools, workflows and influence program and product direction
- Monitor, measure and communicate project progress, potential risks & delays and team performance to program teams, executives and other sponsors. Take the lead in driving cross-office collaboration and resolving any site-related differences
At minimum we'd like you to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in technical or business discipline
- 2+ Years experience in Program Management
- Temp / vendor management experience
- Job is based in HYD and cannot be performed remotely
It's preferred if you have:
- Overall 7+ years of work experience, 2 years project management experience managing large-scale and dynamic projects
- Ability to define projects, execute within timelines, with multiple stakeholders
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time and to budget
- Excellent project manager, self-starter, with the ability to work independently and on multiple initiatives at the same time
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management and having exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Strong technical abilities - able to work closely/credibly with highly technical teams
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.