Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take seriously our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture.
In this role, you'll:
- Drive progress against key milestones and project/program objectives, inclusive of leading any necessary change management efforts
- Respond to employee questions, queries, and concerns/issues while working collaboratively with various People Team members, Alphabet partners and vendor representatives to resolve in a timely and confidential manner
- Define and roll-out HR policies and associated processes
- Project manage discrete HR programs inclusive of ensuring stakeholder and vendor engagement and alignment
- Track and report on all relevant activities including creating/managing against key performance indicators
- Build and maintain effective cross-functional relationships in support of a variety of HR initiatives
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or Master's degree preferred
- 3 years relevant work experience, including corporate HR experience or business consulting
- Demonstrated project management skills in service of strategic initiatives
- Strong creative problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional attention to detail, communication and relationship-building skills as well as the ability to prioritize and juggle multiple demands
It’s preferred if you have:
- Ability to analyze data, understand trends, develop recommendations for action based on quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Self-starter who proactively identifies opportunities to streamline processes with a high level of creativity, perseverance and flexibility
- Comfort with a dynamic environment and navigating ambiguity
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.