Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Manage and grow a team developing advanced silicon for our self-driving cars
- Develop methodologies and best practices to ensure on-time, high performance, and high-quality silicon
- Work and coordinate cross-functionally with internal and external partner teams
- Support selection, contracting, and procurement of key IP, design services, and foundry partners
- Support manufacturing, test, and silicon qualification
At the minimum, we'd like you to have:
- 6+ years experience managing ASIC or SoC development teams
- Experience driving projects from inception, through architecture exploration, design, and successful bring-up and qualification
- Experience prioritizing resources across multiple projects on tight timelines
- Experience working with external partners
- Strong technical skills across all phases of silicon development
It's preferred if you have:
- Experience with advanced technologies that push power and performance
- Experience with mixed-signal IP integration and development
- Experience with automotive silicon and standards
- Experience with advanced packaging and qualification
- Experience with prototyping systems on FPGA platforms or emulators
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.