Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Systems Engineering team works together to blend software and hardware systems in groundbreaking new ways. We set the high performance standards that ensure our vehicles run smoothly and keep passengers safe, then design and perform the tests that validate that performance. We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results.
In this role, you'll:
- Recruit, hire, mentor and manage top-notch engineers to enhance an existing team to meet the needs of large-scale autonomous vehicle deployment
- Create a team environment that fosters inclusion and respect, and allows team members to thrive personally and professionally
- You and your team will work collaboratively with Systems Engineers and Technical Leads to develop testing programs that thoroughly test the associated requirements
- You and your team will be responsible for executing unique and repeating test programs, from qualifying OEM provided vehicles, to testing self driving capabilities
- You and your team will be responsible for building and automating a variety of structured test capabilities (or collaborating to get those capabilities built) that ensure the performance, integrity and safety of Waymo’s self-driving technology
- You and your team will publish test and characterization results with the goal of influencing prioritization of system improvements
- You and your team will be responsible for maintaining and developing closed course testing facilities, including managing large construction projects
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 5 or more years of direct management experience, with a demonstrated ability to grow and lead high performing teams and organizations
- 10 or more years in integrated hardware and software testing
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant technical field (including ME, EE, CS, Robotics, Controls, Aerospace, etc.) or equivalent practical experience
It’s preferred if you have:
- Knowledge in system engineering principles such as defining requirements, and verification and validation methods
- Experience in autonomous vehicles, assisted driving technology, or other safety critical systems
- Experience specifying or developing closed course testing facilities
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.