Vehicle Global Supply Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Novi, Michigan, United States
Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's supply chain and manufacturing teams are making the cars of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this Vehicle Global Supply Manager role, you will:
- Work closely with Engineering, Industrial Design, Program Management and Manufacturing teams to understand and support platform specific needs and timelines
- Identify, develop and manage a supply base that is passionate about Waymo’s mission and eager to support our development and production needs
- Develop detailed cost models, lead supplier negotiations and execute part cost strategy
- Plan capacity, budget and overall readiness for components related to vehicle integration of the self-driving car modules
- On-site support of suppliers and manufacturing partners to ensure supply of components for vehicle builds
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Industrial Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in supplier development, supply chain management, manufacturing operations, commodity or operations program management roles
- Experience negotiating unique and creative partnership agreements, with significant technical, legal and commercial complexity
- Strategic thinking balanced with an understanding of the details and passion for hands-on execution
- Demonstrated ability to handle ambiguity, work collaboratively and influence internal and external partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time
It's preferred if you have:
- MBA is a plus
- Experience working with automotive or trucking OEM’s and Tier-1 suppliers
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.