Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Systems Engineering team works together to blend software and hardware systems in groundbreaking new ways. We set the high performance standards that ensure our vehicles run smoothly and keep passengers safe, then design and perform the tests that validate that performance. We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results.
In this role, you'll:
- Model vehicle-truck platforms and actuator (brakes, steering, powertrain) dynamics
- Develop models and perform rigorous verification
- Deploy models, and enable virtual development and testing
- Enable infrastructure for optimal motion control architecture subject to environmental, sensing, and actuation constraints
- Cascade optimal motion control architecture to vehicle and actuator requirements
- Drive architecture discussions about motion control and actuator performance, and contribute to motion control software design reviews
- Define and manage motion control requirements for a self-driving vehicles
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Strong knowledge on modeling systems related to vehicle-truck dynamics and control
- Knowledge of commercial modelling (Simscape, CarMaker or Carsim, Adams etc.) and optimization tools (Forces Pro, Julia etc.)
- Software development experience (including C/C++, Python, Matlab/Simulink)
- Experience designing and/or testing electromechanical automotive systems
- Master’s degree in a relevant engineering or a related field (including ME, EE, CS, Robotics, Controls, Aerospace, etc.) or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with system engineering principles such as defining requirements, and formal verification and validation methods
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.