Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
The Business Systems team defines and builds the business IT architecture that supports the commercial operation of Waymo's autonomous fleet. The team stands at the intersection of finance, operations and IT; through creative architecture, expertise and attention to detail, it ensures that Waymo has world-class capabilities across all its business processes.
In this role, you’ll:
- Provide deep expertise on architecture design, systems solution selection, implementation, and continuous process improvement of core Financials/Accounting processes in Finance & Controlling submodules of SAP S/4 HANA Public Cloud Instance.
- Provide expertise on functionality to meet defined business requirements in the following sub modules for General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Tax, Asset Accounting & Consolidations in Finance. In the Controlling submodule Cost Center Accounting, Internal Order Accounting, Profit Center Accounting, Profitability Analysis, Product Costing and Financial planning tools.
- Good understanding and industry experience of Record to Report (RTR) Order-to-Cash (OTC) and Procure-to-Pay (PTP) processes along with supporting New GL and Parallel ledger. Assist with SAP Quarterly upgrades and testing cycles. Understand new developments and changes with quarterly upgrade release strategy.
- Prepare detailed functional specifications for development activities including reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, and forms.Lead configuration and development activities including production support and triage issues with both internal and external partners. Additionally hands on support for month-end, year-end financial closing.
- Knowledge of integrations with third party and boundary systems including Vertex for indirect taxes, Simple Legal, Blackline, Electronic banking, interfaces with Banks etc.
- Manage the Finance systems agenda including requirements prioritization, project planning, resource estimates, risk management, change management, cost, solution implementation and status reporting.Build strong, effective and collaborative relationships enabling you to influence key stakeholders across multiple customer, partner and supplier teams, establishing yourself as a trusted advisor to the business
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Business Administration, Finance/Accounting or equivalent practical experience
- 8 - 10 years of knowledge and related industry experience implementing and maintaining SaaS/Cloud financial systems (e.g. Vertex, Workday,Blackline, Concur, etc )
- In-depth experience with proven methodology in implementing Financial and Financial Planning Systems (ERP, Planning, Treasury, Financial Reporting/BI, Consolidation Tool, Reconciliation Tool, and custom tools)
- Minimum 3 implementations of Financial ERP Systems for SaaS businesses as Financial Systems Analyst. SAP Implementation experience in AR, AP, GL, FA, Cost center accounting, Profit center accounting, Profitability Analysis and Product Costing space is preferred.
- Must be a self-starter, completely independent, thrives in a fast-paced environment, customer centric and have the interpersonal skills necessary to manage business and technology relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with both technical and non-technical parties
It’s preferred if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/ Accounting or Engineering Computer Science with equivalent experience in Finance and Accounting (MBA)
- 8+ years experience in an accounting/finance systems role (deep understanding of accounting finance processes - O2C, P2P, PTM, R2R, TAX and Consolidations)
- 3+ years experience in a program management role implementing accounting/finance business systems
- Played a key role in a full cycle ERP implementation (experience in implementing Cloud based ERP solutions such as SAP S4 Hana or Oracle Cloud)
- Experience in architecture design and ensuring effective integration and operation of processes across different Finance systems and platforms such as Hyperion, Blackline, Vertex, Integration Tools, Billing systems and Business intelligence
- Proven ability to work well across functions, winning the trust and confidence of both Finance and IT stakeholders to ensure strong support for Waymo’s Finance systems agenda
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.