Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's Systems Engineering team works together to blend software and hardware systems in groundbreaking new ways. We set the high performance standards that ensure our vehicles run smoothly and keep passengers safe, then design and perform the tests that validate that performance. We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results.
Waymo interns work alongside leaders in the industry on projects that deliver significant impact to the company. We believe learning is a two-way street: leveraging your knowledge while providing you with opportunities to expand your skill-set. Interns are an important part of our culture and our recruiting pipeline. Join us at Waymo for a fun and rewarding internship!
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Enrolled in a Bachelors, Masters, PhD p on a technical degree track (Engineering, Physics, Math, etc.)
- Python experience
- Systems engineering exposure
- Hands on experience testing electrical/mechanical systems.
It’s preferred if you have:
- Familiarity with C++, Linux, and SQL
- Experience working on safety critical systems (medical, automotive, aircraft, etc.).
- Technical expertise in a sensing technology (e.g. lidar, cameras, or radar) and/or related fields (e.g. laser/imaging optics).
- Experience in machine learning
- Advanced testing/experimental analysis experience
- Help solve challenging problems with a direct impact on the company
- Competitive compensation packages with a housing/relocation bonus (if applicable)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fun intern events and networking opportunities
- Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Free access to corporate shuttles
- Onsite gym
Note: We will accept resumes on a rolling basis until the role is filled. To be in consideration for multiple roles, you will need apply to each one individually - please apply to the top 3 roles you are interested in. Additionally, we will not be able to start interviewing until October.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.