Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Our Driver may be autonomous, but Waymo’s finances are steered by experts like you. The Finance and Accounting group manages all aspects of our finances and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with managing compilation of our financial statements, looking after our cash and overseeing compliance, we partner closely with the business in overseeing company wide resource allocation, developing cutting edge compensation initiatives and generating detailed financial analyses to drive the business forward. We also develop advanced capital strategies to support the company’s short- and long-term future.
The Business Intelligence team defines and builds the data and reporting architecture that supports the commercial operation of Waymo's autonomous vehicle fleet. The team partners cross functionally to ensure Waymonauts and the leadership team have the data infrastructure they need to drive Waymo’s business forward.
In this role, you'll
- Own BI data strategy and related projects, partnering closely with Commercial teams, Data Engineering, IT and Product
- Build, lead and develop members of the BI team. Provide strategic direction and establish clear roles, responsibilities, and developmental opportunities
- Develop and align BI data and reporting strategy and roadmap with organizational objectives. Set priorities for the BI team and ensure alignment across stakeholder groups. Drive collaboration across Commercial, Product and Engineering data teams to build single source of truth reporting for both executive and Waymo-wide consumption
- Establish and ensure governance, security and consistency in the sharing of BI data to support stakeholders appropriately. Ensure best in class BI tool stack by proactively addressing gaps and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Provide metric expertise and standardization – lend guidance to Waymo’s ELT to interpret and provide strategic insights in trends and gaps. Summarize findings, publicize results, and engage with senior leadership to drive a more data-centric approach to decision making
- Collaborate with the business to understand broader business goals and challenges. Design and maintain data infrastructure and metric reporting to support key opportunities and challenges
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience with 10+ years of experience in BI related roles
- 3 years of people management experience. Proven track record developing and leading a strategic data analytics team to deliver huge impact with high motivation and efficiency
- Strategic – able to see the big picture and develop supporting dashboards aligned to organizational business plans as well as have tactical capabilities to see initiatives through to implementation
- High business acumen, with an affinity for data exploration, analysis, and working with business intelligence tools and large amounts of data. Experience leading cross-functional projects across organizational boundaries. Strong SQL and reporting design skills, along with a good understanding of data modeling and ETL concepts and technologies
- Great communications skills – you must be able to present your findings to executives and business stakeholders. Ability to use data to tell a narrative, taking data and converting it into insights
- Proven project management skills and ability to effectively collaborate across business functions, including ability to prioritize assignments, balance interests of cross-functional stakeholders, deal with ambiguity, and deliver high quality solutions
It’s preferred if you have:
- Practical experience with database and front-end BI platforms and technologies such as Teradata, Hadoop, Tableau, Looker, Business Objects etc
- Experience with core financial systems (e.g. Oracle, SAP, Hyperion) and data and understanding of core Finance concepts and processes
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.