Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role you’ll:
- Work with the trucking team to identify, plan and integrate their development efforts into Waymo programs, specifically focused on the Behavior domain
- Prioritize and manage issues, risks and dependencies and resolve misalignments with overall scope and schedule
- Synthesize and communicate status of the teams at multiple levels to highlight the team’s accomplishments, flag areas of risk and provide a call to action around important milestones
- Partner closely with the engineering managers on tools and processes to prioritize, track and streamline the team’s work, and to scale a rapidly growing team in a fast-paced environment; take the initiative to identify and resolve ways in which the team can set itself up for success.
- Represent the team and drive creation or improvements in cross-functional processes
We’d like you to have:
- A MS Degree in engineering or technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience, with 5+ years successfully managing complex software development efforts, including tools & processes, breaking down and estimating work, prioritization and issue management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; experience crafting compelling messages for multiple audiences
- Leadership experience in technical program management space
- Proven influencing and collaboration abilities
- The ability to deliver to a high standard under pressure in a rapidly evolving environment
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.