Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
We’ve been developing our own set of sensors from the ground up since 2011, making Waymo the first company in the world to put fully self-driving cars on public roads. In early 2019 we started making these sensors available to companies outside of self-driving. The Lidar Business team is a team within Waymo focused on selling our lidars to the world to help others achieve their own technological breakthroughs. As a member of this entrepreneurial and results-oriented team, you will work cross functionally & have a significant impact on building our fast-growing lidar business within the company of Waymo.
In this Business Development Lead, you’ll:
- Identify prospective customers for our growing business, create compelling pitches, demos and education plans for each of the use cases & collaborate closely with legal, finance and engineering to execute deals
- Serve customers as the on-site Waymo representative and local relationship manager for our growing customer base & as Waymo’s European technical product expert
- Provide pre- and post-sales technical support to facilitate and ensure Laser Bear adoption by key customers
- Work with senior-level engineers and product managers to help define the product roadmap for our emerging business
- Collaborate closely with marketing to develop locally relevant marketing messaging and identify and attend industry events to generate leads
- Provide both qualitative and quantitative analyses for our emerging business
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Fluent in German & French
- 5+ experience in Lidar Sales in Warehouse & Industrial Robotics & Construction
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Sales experience with highly technical products in start-up environments
- Excellent problem-solving, strategic thinking, project management, interpersonal and communication skills; ability to develop and maintain quality relationships with 3rd party partners
- Self-motivation, strong attention to detail, and a sense of urgency around delivering on team goals; ability to thrive in ambiguity and a fast-paced environment
- Experience working cross-functionally, particularly with product, engineering and partner stakeholders
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience in Lidar, Camera, Radar, Perception systems
- History of developing and successfully implementing scalable solutions to complex problems within a rapidly-evolving organization
- MBA is a plus
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.