Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role you’ll:
- Build and support a team of highly experienced Technical Program Managers
- Drive execution of the overall Perception technical roadmap in close partnership with the Perception engineering and product leadership teams
- Proactively identify and eliminate risks to the Perception technical roadmap
- Own upstream and downstream dependencies to the Perception function overall, including value stream mapping all workflows that are centered around Perception, and continuous improvement of those workflows
- Develop tools, methods and processes to transform the operational and effectiveness of the Perception org
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in technical field
- 10-15 years experience in Technical Program Management or other technical leadership roles, orchestrating complex technical software projects
- 5-7 years experience managing a team, including mentoring and coaching senior team members
- Exceptional communication skills to influence, collaborate, and deliver solutions in a highly complex, always-changing environment
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience with programs where software and hardware interact
- Experience executing projects involving computer vision or machine learning
- A Master’s degree
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.